Thursday, March 22, 2012

HCG Day 1

Hello! I am an artist, a wife, a twin mom, and a woman who has struggled with the difference between my self image and what I see in the mirror for a long, long time.

This is my revolution. 

This is my year to bring those two images closer together. I want to be as beautiful on the outside as I am on the inside and I want to feel strong and healthy.
This is not the first day of my weight-loss journey, but I will detail the past two months as I go. I've decided to blog about my progress, both as motivation, and a way to get my thoughts out of my admittedly neurotic mind. I want to blog about all of the positive changes I've made in my life so far this year, not just the weight loss. I have quit smoking this year, and completely changed my eating and exercise habits.

I decided recently to start the HCG protocol. The hormone treatment makes me nervous, so I chose the Formula One HCG Alternative Drops with African Mango. I just received them in the mail yesterday, and I was so excited that I started the first of my two "load days" today.
I plan to follow Simeon's protocol as closely as possible, but I will also listen to my body. I know it will tell me if what I'm doing is harmful or not. The diet required is very low calorie, only 500 a day, but if the drops work properly to release the HCG hormone, it shouldn't be a problem. If you're not familiar with the protocol,  you can find out more about it here and here. I'll go into more detail in future posts.


Today: 218 pounds Size 17-18 pants


My starting weight was 238 pounds on February 3, 2012. Today I weigh 218. My goal weight is 160. I am 5' 9" and have a rather large frame, and I would be extremely happy with that result. I have been working really hard for the past 6 weeks or so, and I'm looking forward to making some major progress with this product and diet.
Today I feel a little gross, because I have been loading up on fats, as per the protocol for the first two days. I have been eating a diet of mostly fruits, vegetables, grains, and meats not exceeding 1600 calories for several weeks now, so it feels very odd to have to gorge myself. I'm trying to enjoy it and not be too anxious.
The drops themselves taste okay. The 20% alcohol content burns a little for the 15 seconds you have to hold it under your tongue, but it isn't too bad.

Overall, it's been a great day so far, and I'm looking forward to dropping some pounds! ^_^

<3



*Update: Same day, mid-afternoon....

My goodness! This whole loading up on fats thing is quite miserable, especially after eating so healthy like I have been. My stomach is heavy, and my blood feels thick. I feel so lethargic. Can't wait to start on Phase 2. I just wanted to share how surprisingly terrible it feels to gorge on the foods I once craved.

Perhaps one of the theories behind the 'loading' phase is to overwhelm you with fatty foods so you get sick of them. I'm glad this part only lasts two days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment