Friday, October 26, 2012

Raw Food Observations

I've been eating a mostly raw diet for a few weeks now. It's been kind of experimental, so I wanted to share my observations so far.

1. In the morning, I feel best if I eat a lot of fruit (2-3 pieces or the equivalent), then eat a handful of almonds as a mid morning snack. Doing this gives me the energy I need without making me feel too edgy.

2. Carbs are for energy, and I'm noticing that my body naturally wants more during the beginning of the day, and less in the evening.

3. As I clean the junk out of my system, I am becoming much more aware of when I'm actually hungry and what I'm hungry for. My body is learning to eat for fuel and for no other reason. I've lost almost all of my cravings for processed carbs and sugars.

4. If I do happen to eat bread, pasta, sugar, or other processed carbs,  it makes me crave more shortly after, and the same amount of calories doesn't fill me up the same way as with raw food.

Ultimately, I feel better and cleaner eating raw food. I feel like my body is shifting to its natural state. It is not difficult to eat raw, I crave it now and I love it.
I plan to go 100% very soon. I realize I won't be perfect all the time, but the benefits I've discovered far outweigh any pleasure I may gain from eating cooked food, meat, or dairy. I'm excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment